Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
Our Planning Admin role is crucial to effective and efficient day to day operations of the planning team. You will support operations teams by bookkeeping, scheduling PIA reservations, data entry and manipulation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review planned network routes (Distribution/Access) and submit Notice of Intent to use the route on 3rd Party Map Tool.
- Quality Check as-built documents, communicate any amendment required to sub-contractors and submit it to 3rd party following the Build Complete process (Map Portal).
- Liaise with Community Fibre Project Managers and Build Managers where required to get as-builts documents from Build Contractors.
- Review physical infrastructure access routes expiration dates on daily basis and take action accordingly i.e. cancel, renew, extend, submit build report, etc.
- Liaise with 3rd party physical infrastructure access team to resolve any discrepancies in the record.
- Take ownership of managing physical infrastructure access related document structure with Community Fibre Planning team drive.
- Review Community Fibre Civils & Cabling as-builts, Fibre Schematics As-builts
- Responsible for resolution of data quality issues (missing, duplicate and inconsistent data).
- Update Community fibre GIS with new tracks and chambers records with all required information.
- Update records in the inventory tool (location, capacity, status).
- Analyse internal route database to ensure the data integrity is maintained and any discrepancies are resolved by working with planners, project managers and sub contractors.
- Prepare, submit, and monitor A55 Network Adjustments (NAs) Documents. Submit as-built for NAs once the work is complete.
- Monitor all emails from 3rd party and take actions accordingly and escalate where necessary.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Proven experience of the role or similar role within a telecoms build environment is preferable.
- Familiarity with databases and their use.
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels.
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Visio.
- GIS experience.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.